Sunday, August 20, 2017

Inn on the Gallatin - Gallatin Gateway MT

We head back north from West Yellowstone towards Bozeman on hwy 191. Our next stop is Inn on the Gallatin... Inn on the Gallatin is a small family run inn with cabins, a cafe, and a few RV sites. When we pull in, the small parking lot is full. There is one gigantic motorhome and a couple of trailers there. I can't even see a campground or anywhere we can fit!


Tom checks us in, and they give us homemade chocolate chip cookies!!! I'm gonna like this place! I want more! Anyway, back to our story... our campsite is to the right of the gigantic motorhome. Our site has a small wooden deck and looks right out on to the river (cool)!  I'm leery of how we're going to fit in that tight spot, but Tom (being the pro RV driver that he's become) pulls in right next to the deck no problem, perfect!!!


We head over to the cafe 'cuz I want to buy more cookies! Come to find out, the cafe closes in half an hour and opens again the day after we leave. (If you can't tell, I have a sad face.) So, even though they were set to close in a few minutes (it's 2:30, and they close at 3), they are wonderful in serving us lunch and make it a great experience. I can't even remember what I had...it was all just a prelude/prep to having the apple pie a la mode. That was yummy. (They were out of cookies, but if you're ever in the area, stop by, those cookies were great!)

The Inn only has 9-10 campsites. The smaller ones are on a lower road and have a great river view.
We were in the upper section, which also had nice views of the river. Having the cafe closed turned out to be a blessing. The campground was very quiet and peaceful. Our neighbors were fly fishermen and their wives, who were also lab lovers; they couldn't wait to meet Tank.





We viewed the solar eclipse there, and, generally, had a wonderful, peaceful stay.


The one problem was that there was no internet or cell service there. We had to head a few miles up the road to the very small community of Gallatin Gateway to get cell reception and set up our next stay.

6 comments:

  1. As I usually do, I clicked on the map link to get a look at where you are. My first reaction was eh, kinda dumpy. But looks like the people (and cookies!) made this a first rate stay. Will have to see if we can work this in to one of our stops when Andrew arranges our fishing trip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the deck. That's a nice touch. Does being next to what looks to be a diesel pusher give Tom rv envy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I look (yes with envy) at those big diesel pushers, and I imagine us having something like that. I stop to think about the cost to buy, cost to fix, depreciation and difficulty fitting in to some of the spots we like to go and I feel pretty happy with the one we have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Son Kevin just bought a place up there, near Manhattan. They fell in love with Montana for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some beautiful places up there for sure. I would be nervous about living there in the winter though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They've been there in winter, but were just visiting. They'll have their So Calif home for a long time, I think.

    ReplyDelete