Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Dinner at the Chateau Lake Louise

After a beautiful day of (strenuous) hiking at Moraine Lake, we've worked up quite an appetite (and Wendy won't stop whining about it), so we need to eat! We decide to treat ourselves to dinner at the Fairview at the Chateau Lake Louise. We get there late to avoid the crowd and are ravenous by the time we are seated at 9:00.

Dinner starts with appetizers:

Alberta beef tartare with foccacia, caper berry, mustard seeds for Tom 


















and Sweet Pea & Asparagus Chilled Soup with honeysuckle for Wendy

Entrees are:

Alberta Bison a slow cooked cheek, truffle potatoes, wild mushrooms, and seasonal vegetables for Tom



















and Alberta Beef Tenderloin, Yukon Gold purée, beach mushroom, seasonal vegetables, and Bordelaise for Wendy
Finally dessert!

a shared Chocolate Fudge Cake, sour cherry, casis sorbet, and almond cream



















Yum!


3 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks delish. Was that real tartare - as in raw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it was real cuz I saw it on my plate. Let's just call it rare...
    I honestly didn't think about it much, I just ordered what looked good to me and kept an open mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His tartare was delicious, better than my chilled pea (I couldn't taste any asparagus) soup.

    ReplyDelete