Friday, October 20, 2017

Mountain Valley RV Resort - Heber City UT

Next stop? Heber City, 223 miles northwest of Moab, nestled in Utah's Heber Valley between Sundance and Park City. It's a small town, population right around 11,000. The Wasatch Mountains on the northwest separate it from Salt Lake City. I gotta admit, I've been looking forward to this area. A couple of years ago, I saw a TV show that featured homes in Park City, which is not far from Heber City. The skies were so amazingly blue, I was looking forward to coming to Utah and seeing for myself.

We're staying at Mountain Valley RV Resort, which is located slightly south of town. It's a pretty nice place, well-kept with great views of the Wasatch Mountains. Nice laundry room (one of my favorite amenities) and they have a couple of dog runs. One's pretty large, which makes Tank happy, and has a nice green, mowed lawn with no mud holes, which makes me happy (have I mentioned that Tank loves to run through mud?) Cell signal was good, which was nice because we were finally able to get on the internet and make arrangements to store the RV while we are in Mexico. Let me tell you that finding short-term storage for an RV is no easy feat!



Look at the sky!




Scouted out some homes for sale while we were in the area. This is not the place that you will find a cozy home to retire in. Houses around here are meant for BIG families (seemed to average 3000+ sq ft). Someone recommended the town of Midway about a half a mile west of Heber City. There's some nice biking roads between the two towns. The homes in Midway were on more acreage, had a good little more upscale county home feel to it.

Took a short trip north to visit Park City UT (my dream blue sky town). Park City is a very popular ski area, but no snow right now. As for the town, it's a lot of condos all close together. Sunday downtown in the off season is pretty empty.


No comments:

Post a Comment