Monday, June 12, 2017

Waldport OR - Beachside State Recreation Site

Heading north about 30 miles, our next stop is Beachside State Recreation Site, another great Oregon State Park.

We made late reservations so were only able to get two nights there. The site we got was protected from the wind that blows off the beach and had a path to the beach at the back of the site.

Just a few steps behind our site and our toes were in the sand
Now, I'm a little paranoid. I hide my eyes at scary movies and try not to read creepy books. But when you're on the Oregon coast, you're constantly passing Tsunami Zone signs on the highway. When we first arrived at Beachside, horrors! It's right on the beach! No buffer, no campsite sitting on top of a hill! I didn't think I would sleep for the two days we were there.

BUT...Beachside is incredible! I don't think you can get closer to the beach without being in the ocean. We were able to easily take chairs and wine to the beach for a memorable sunset.



Beachside may be a scary place for me because it sits on the beach but still so worth it. It's a very small campground, so make reservations early if you want to stay more than a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment